Letter to the Editor

Dear Fred,

I think you hit the nail on the head:

I find it hard to believe that a Canadian would take such a cheap shot at a fellow Canadian that has earned such a wide reputation all over the world for his genius.

Many of us still think that anything from Canada is inferior.  Read the advertisements for music teachers (especially organ).  "Teacher trained in England"  or for piano "Trained in Europe."  That's supposed to mean they are better than our home grown musicians.   I'm not saying that English and European organists and pianists are not good, merely that we have excellent training here in Canada.  I think Glenn Gould is all the proof you need!!

Good letter.

James