Re: CBC documentary: Glenn Gould, The Russian Journey

Dear Glenn Gould fans,

I have been trying to find out if it is possible to buy a copy of the
'Russian Journey' video. I wrote an e-mail to CBC but I have not heard
from them yet. I would like to ask if there is somebody who knows how to
get hold of a copy.

I have a video of the 32 Short films about Glenn Gould. I personally
thought is was a rather disappointing production.

In New Zealand there is not much interest in Glenn Gould. The tv companies
only show programmes if the advertisers are prepared to buy advertising
time in them. So we will never see operas or classical music on our
television screens. So there certainly will not be anything about Glenn
Gould.

Radio New Zealand is doing somewhat better. They are broadcasting a series
made by CBC called the 'Glenn Gould Gathering'. Last night I heard the
first installment. One nice feature of the series is the inclusion of
recordings made by Gould himself at home. These recordings are part of the
Glenn Gould Estate and have never been broadcast before. Last night there
was a recording of some French baroque music played by Glenn Gould when he
was fifteen, fascinating!!

I received my 'State of Wonder' disks form CD-Universe this week. I am so
happy to have them. I now have nearly all the Glenn Gould Bach recordings.

Many greetings

Henk van der Knaap,
Christchurch,
New Zealand