Re: CBC documentary: Glenn Gould, The Russian Journey

Hello there,

Thank you every one for responding to my request for information about the
'The Russian Journey' video. I will send e-mails to the several addresses
mentioned. Hopefully this film will become available eventually. Luckily I
will be able to order the 'Glenn Gould Life and Times' documentary.

To Dorian,

Thank you very much for your reactions. Yes I know that NPR and PBS have
many very good programs. I listened to a discussion on NPR with an at
the moment ubiquitous Tim Page. WBUR.org in Boston broadcast a one hour
long chat between Dick Gordon and Tim Page.

No, I do not know about the two films 'On the Record' and 'Off the
Record'.
I am sure something for me to look into.

To John Miller,

Thank you very much for your message. Tonight will be the second part in
the series and next week the last two installments of 'G.G. Gathering'
will follow. These are indeed excellent programs. I listened to them
with my wife who is a piano teacher. I do understand Glenn Gould's
approach to Bach a little bit better. I myself am not a musician.

When I said that there was little interest in Glenn Gould, this was not
quite true. On March 17 2000, to commemorate Bach's death our public radio
,RNZ, broadcast two hours of Glenn Gould, and sometime earlier they put
together a ten part series.

Thank you for your offer to send me information about the Friends of G.G.
world society, I would appreciate that very much.

Many greetings

Henk

Henk van der Knaap,
Christchurch,