GG (sort of) - Leifs' Baldr and other Icelandic music

Elmer-Bob dixit:
>"Dance of the Subhumans" -- now THERE'S a title and a half! Click HERE to
>order NOW.

Here is the CD of "Baldr" I have:
http://www.musicalobservations.com/cp2_106_7.html

And here is the BIS remake I didn't know about until just now:
http://www.musicweb.uk.net/classrev/2002/Aug02/Liefs_Baldr.htm

And a general search for related goodies:
http://www.google.com/search?q=leifs+baldr

Those subhumans, how they dance!  Would scare the bjiminy out of me if I
met them in the cornfield behind my house.  Yjikes!  And that sjhrieking!

(Good thing they didn't use anything quite this intense for the soundtrack
of "Signs"!)

There are fun things to explore at
http://www.airport.is/english/
http://www.keflavikairport.com/

Kathy asked about getting the CD "The Hamrahlid Choir" with a cappella
works by Nordal, Leifs, Sveinsson, and others.  The CD is #6-01 from ITM.
As I recall, I got that one at the airport; then later I ordered the
companion "Icelandic Folksongs" by the same choir (ITM 8-05) from
http://www.qualiton.com/ .  Another good one...but Qualiton seems not to
carry that label at the moment!

Here is ITM directly:
http://www.mic.is/english/

Maybe some more leads to ITM:
http://www.google.com/search?q=itm+iceland

Anybody want to hear an Icelandic radio stream?
http://www.ruv.is/

Gould content: would Gould have sat at a computer exploring this type of
thing?  A virtual trip to Iceland?  I vote yes.

Bradley Lehman, Dayton VA
home: http://i.am/bpl  or  http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl
CD's: http://listen.to/bpl or http://www.mp3.com/bpl

"Music must cause fire to flare up from the spirit - and not only sparks
from the clavier...." - Alfred Cortot