GG: comparing Goldbergs...

> I have listened the 1982 Goldbergs probably hundreds of times.
> Anyway, I got a couple of questions to ask: are the first Goldbergs
> by Gould as good? Is the first record worth of buying since I got
> the 1982 variations already?

Hello Mikko, your question is among probably the four or five most
frequent questions that new people here ask.  It's been discussed often.

You might be interested in the f_minor archives to see the past
discussion.  Go to http://tug.org/mail-archives/f_minor/ and click on
"search in archives".  Then on the next page put "55 81" into the search
box.  Click on "all of these words" and "all results", and then click on
the Find button.

If you're interested in my own opinion (of Sept 1997) which was a long
comparison of all four of the GG Goldberg recordings, see the archive
entry at http://www.tug.org/mail-archives/f_minor/msg02566.html

Bradley Lehman ~ Harrisonburg VA, USA ~ 38.45716N+78.94565W
bpl@umich.edu ~ http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/