From: Anne M. Marble +ADw-amarble+AEA-abs.net+AD4-
To: +ADw-f+AF8-minor+AEA-email.rutgers.edu+AD4-
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 1999 8:47 PM
Subject: Re: GG The Art of Glenn Gould

+AD4- +AD4- What did GG's house look like? (A sincere question from a GG fan.)
+AD4-
+AD4- There's a picture of the apartment building at this Web site, plus
+AD4- information about Gouldian sites in Toronto:
+AD4- http://www.uottawa.ca/+AH4-weinberg/tour.html
+AD4-
+AD4- Pictures of the inside are more rare. (I got a glimpse in a recent
+AD4- documentary.) And the images do boggle the mind. Not that +ACo-I+ACo- can
+AD4- criticize anybody for having a messy apartment.
+AD4-
+AD4- +AD4- I also prefer to have mono-composer CDs.
+AD4-
+AD4- I usually prefer mono-composer CDs. Or failing that, collections that
+AD4- stick to one style. For example, the GG Consort Musick CD. Although I
+AD4- still like the order on the non-Bach CD in the Images collection.
+AD4-
+AD4- For years, I tried to explain to my Dad that you +ACo-don't+ACo- shuffle the
+AD4- classical CDs in the stereo. :-/ There's a reason the movements are in
+AD4- that order+ACE- Playing them out of order just doesn't work.
+AD4-
+AD4- That's why I'm glad I have the older CD version of GG's Goldberg
+AD4- variations. The whole thing is on a single band. The next time Dad
+AD4- wants to shuffle the classical music, I'm slipping that one in there.
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-